Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm tiried...

We left the beautiful Arkansas state park this morning and drove four hours because Chuck wants to stop often and I have to stop often...diuretics you know.

Yesterday we visited the "Village" which is a really neat place. Its a group of people that live in the same community, attend the same church and own various businesses in the "Village". First stop was a leather shop. Chuck and I visited with the proprietor for some time and learned the history of the "Village" while Judy and Maggie browsed the magnificent leather items he had for sale. Excuse me, Maggie browsed, Judy bought. One hat and one purse and actually it was very very reasonably priced. We also visited a taxidermy shop and oh my. It may the most unique taxidermy shop I've ever been too. They had all sorts of game mounted. Their ducks were unbelievable but the best was a white bobcat catching a white pheasant...awesome. Of course all these places have bakeries and this one was no different except for the egg custard pie. Judy bought one for dessert last night and I don't mind telling you, the two pieces I had were magnificent. The crust was awesome and the custard was well, custard except it was maybe the best I'd ever had and Mrs Sims (my mother) made a pretty awesome egg custard pie.

Now remember the subject of this post? I'm tired. I have a good excuse. I fixed breakfast this morning for the group. Of course Judy helped. Lets see, we had eggs, bacon, potatoes, bisquits and Edith's friend John's homemade blackberry jam. You see why I'm tired now don't you? Then I had to drive 190 miles...dang traveling anyway. Good to our plan, we stayed off the interstate and dad gone we saw some beautiful country. I never knew Arkansas raised as much rice as they do. There were miles and miles of rice paddies.

As a side note...one of my sons and his family is up at the country place for a few days. We got an e mail from the grand daughters telling us they had seen the little four point buck standing in the yard today. He has been hanging around for about three months now and will not run even when I yell and walk around near him. Silly dang deer. I keep telling him he is going to get his brains blown out this winter if he doesn't wise up.

Blessings to all of you and keep those you love and care about in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment