Saturday, September 18, 2010

Whew...I'm tired.

And I have good reason to be. I was up at 5 again this morning but Judy beat me to the coffee making this morning. I must admit, her coffee this morning was better than mine yesterday.

I read my newspapers on line this morning and was out before sunrise washing the motorhome. It may have been cool but boy the humidity was tough. Makes a fat boy sweat. I started to call my buddy Wayne and let him know I was sweating enough for both of us but decided I really didn't want to hear about him having to use the heat pump in the mornings.

I finished up the maintenance I wanted to get done on the beast, thats what I call her when I have to wash and work on her, and was pretty much finished by noon. I sure can get a lot more done when I don't laze around in bed till all hours of the morning.

Judy is cleaning or should I say sanitizing the house before we leave so I'm kind of laying low, you know like staying out of the way. I gave Roxie a bath and for a dog that will find a mud hole to romp in or a lake to swim in I have to sneak up with the leash when I get the shampoo and towels . Crazy dang dog that I love.

We only have three things left to do. Attend church in the morning to honor God. One last stop for fresh vegetables at Krogers. Take Roxie to my sons. I dreamed about her last night and I know I will miss her but she will be happier...I hope. I bet you anything she is laying under the motorhome in the dirt right now and she just had a bath. Oh well, at least she smells good.

Next post will be from the road where we will be chasing fall. I'll post pictures during our adventure so you can get an idea of the fall beauty we hope to find.

Oh my goodness. I almost forgot. We went for Mexican food last night as we're trying to get our fill cause its hard to find good tex-mex once you get away from Texas. They had a guy singing and he was really entertaining. I finally did it, took Judy by the hand and said "lets dance". She said "where?". I said "right here between the tables". We got a big round of applause both when we started and again when we stopped. Golly it was fun. Its too bad there are no places to go dancing anymore.

More from the road. Blessings to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment