Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Got you guessing, don't I...

I love it. I posted on Facebook yesterday that the realtor was coming in a few minutes. Wohoo! Things then got dicey.

The realtor did arrive yesterday and actually two minutes early. This realtor specializes in farm and ranch properties and seemed duly impressed with our property. Yeah right, each listing is impressive for a realtor. The problem I have is that I'm overbuilt for Anderson county. There aren't enough properties to get comparable on.

I'm going to start over and tell you about yesterday and how God is at work in our life. I called my forester's office around 8:30 yesterday morning and was told he was out in the woods. Now where else would you expect to find a forester? I asked her to have him call me either at home or on my cell and then asked Judy to tell Mike, the forester, to call back around noon because I was headed out to the woods myself. Well low and behold, I'm puttin down the road on the tractor not aware that Judy is running behind me because Mike is on the phone. She couldn't out run the Kubota, especially since I was in 2nd gear and motoring right along. Dang, I love that tractor more than my son Mike does for sure. Anyway, by the time she got back to the house Mike (the forester) was turning around in the drive and looking for me. A big ole orange tractor is pretty easy to spot even in the woods. He found me in short order. I explained that I needed to know the value of the timber on my property because I would be putting it on the market. Mike has been my forester since my late wife and I bought this place and he knows how much we and now me and Judy love it. We stood in the road leading to the house next to those pines we planted five years ago talking about my place and then we began to give God the thanks for all He has done for me and and my family. We stood there just taking it all in and then Mike asked if we could pray. Of course! We stood there, two big men holding hands and giving thanks to God for this land. Mike prayed that we will be able to find a buyer that will love and take care of this land just as I've tried to do. You must understand. Its not ours, its God's and we are just stewards of the land. I explained to Mike that I had always known it wasn't mine, it was just mine to take care of and my goal was to leave it better than I found it.

Mike suggested a realtor for me to contact. I couldn't wait to get back to the house and share with Judy how things were falling in place. Man, God is awesome. I called the realtor, the owner of the company, and he asked if he could come out that afternoon at 3. Sure! God's at work and I certainly don't want to be the one to get in the way. I've already said he got here right on time. He's going to get with Mike and come up with a realistic price for the house, land and timber and have it ready for us to make a final decision on the asking price.

Judy and I are going back to Conroe Wednesday and then to an RV rally in Belleville over the weekend. We'll come back to the country Monday because God has also been working on a place for us in Athens. That's a completely different story but rest assured, God is working in our lives unbelievably. I just wish I was a better typist and an even better story teller. I have a head full of stuff and its just so difficult to put in in words.

I'm still struggling with my grand daughter Lauren's e mail about missing the smell of the country. The grand children don't know pops is going to sell "the country" with the quiet forest, the hugging trees, the rubber band frogs, the ....

Blessings to all...

1 comment:

  1. It is difficult to leave a place you love so much. God knows how you feel and he will guide you to a better place for you and Judy....and Roxie...and the cats.

    ReplyDelete