Sunday, November 1, 2009

Interestingly enough...

First...what the heck caused all the underlining and other weird stuff to my last post? Cyber gecks apparently got involved, but then who cares.

Judy has been here all week and we spent several days exploring our options on finding a "less maintenance" home site. Its been fun and exciting. I love to design, plan and build homes. As I told Judy this morning, this will be the fifth "last" home I've built. I never imagined I would be so willing to leave the country where my late wife and I spent so many years enjoying the wonders we often found here.

Judy and I spent most of our time discovering a unique development near the east Texas town of Athens. Now for those of you that aren't familiar with this town, you're certainly familiar with one of the great inventions to come from this quaint little town. The hamburger was invented here. I don't remember when but I do recall it was invented around the time of one of the world's Fair's by a local entrepreneur. Of course the sandwich was a huge success for the vendor at the fair.

Back to the development. Its a gated 2200 acre reserve just east of Athens. The reason its gated? They actually have deer, elk, zebra and some other wildlife that freely roam the reserve. We had to slow and move to the edge of the road several times because zebra decided to take a hike down the center line of the road. The lots are 2 acres and up in size...much more manageable. Of course we've just begun to look.

My feelings did get a little dicey today about leaving the country place when I got an e mail from Lauren, my 7 year old grand daughter. She wanted me to know she was missing me and she missed how the country smells. I guess even to "city" kids, there is something to be said about country living.

Blessings to all....

No comments:

Post a Comment