Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tis the season with a reason...

Thanksgiving feasts are over, my pants are tighter and I'm sure my cholesterol level has increased but what matters is we are coming up to the season for celebration of our Saviour's birth.

There has been so much said and it seems much more than usual this year about not using the word "Christ" in any advertising, greetings or any sort of commercial endeavours. What ever the ACLU wants to do they seem to do without much opposition. Christmas is my second most favorite holiday with Easter being first of course. For any that read this that aren't Christians, Easter is when Jesus rose from the tomb and ascended into heaven. All this just so we (thats all we) can be forgiven our sins and also have everlasting life. If you believe that, you too will have everlasting life.

It saddens me that we can't celebrate Christmas like we could just a few short years ago. I truly believe when Madalyn Murray O'Hair was able to have prayer banned in the classroom, the demise of our country began. That's also about the time teachers began to have less ability to teach because they had no discipline. My, my. Where will it end?

Pretty lousy blog...I guess blogs are suppose to be more about where I ate breakfast, who I saw a Wally World or if I got my hair cut today. Toast, Rusty and no, I didn't get a hair cut. What I did however, was awaken about 6 and got a head start on the day. Since we are back at the country house, the moonlight was bright enough to illuminate any deer or heaven forbid a hog. That's always nice to wake up to. We went for a long walk around by the hugging trees, the rubber band frog place and the quiet forest. It was such a beautiful morning. The quietness here is deafening sometimes. We didn't see any deer but a lot of tracks...including the dreaded hog. I know they are part of God's creation, but I don't get it. Destructive suckers!

We've had four people look at the country place and all are still interested. Three are looking for a weekend place and one for full time residency. All four are cash buyers. I'm pretty sure that none of them got money from Obamanation or his henchmen so I guess they did it the old fashion way, earned it. Of course thats pretty unique in today's time. Maybe these prospects will get into a bidding war. That would be nice.

I told my friend Johnye the other day, when Judy and I build our house, it will be my fifth last house I was ever going to build and by golly, its going to have it all. I want an outdoor cooking and entertainment area complete with a fireplace and air conditioning. No and I mean no, swimming pool. We have some unique and beautiful antique furniture that we want to build the house around. Do you remember a TV commercial where the couple met with their architect and handed him a kitchen sink faucet and said, "design around this", thats what we are going to do.

Its beginning to get cool again in the house so I need to go bring some firewood up to the porch and get ready to build a fire. We had a great fire last night and tonight we get to enjoy another with company. Judy is making stew and cornbread for dinner. Yum! I helped...peeled potatoes, onions, carrots and it seems like something else but I can't remember right now what it was. I just hope it was suppose to go in the stew.

Remind me to tell you about pine knots some day.

Blessings to all of you and please remember, it is a season with a reason.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog and comments about our times ring so true. Times were better when we had pray in school and teachers had command of their classrooms. Best to you and Judy and see ya in a couple of weeks.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete