Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Goings on in the country...

I have a situation that is most alarming. I have a doe that I'm beginning to think wants to move in with me.

I ran some errands this morning and when I came home she was standing in my yard. I got within about 30 yards when she decided to throw her tail up and show me her white side. Now its not that uncommon to see deer hanging around but this one came back in about an hour. That's not common. Judy saw two does walk by Saturday morning and then a little spike buck showed up. He had the most unusual markings I've ever seen. On his right, not that that's relevant, side he had a big white splotch. Probably twelve inches wide. Very odd, don't you think?

Its that time of year that hunters are getting ready to go to the woods in hopes of seeing and killing that dreamed about trophy buck. I use to be one of them. I guess I grew out of it. What I do remember all to well-once you pull the trigger, the fun is over and the work begins. I wonder what hunting license cost now? One less thing to spend money on I guess. Please understand, I'm not against hunting and its much better than what they are doing in some Kentucky counties. The deer population is so great and therefore there are many car accidents with the deer they are bringing in coyotes to try and control the population. We keep messing with mother nature and the good Lord is the only one that knows for sure what a mess of things we're making. My daddy taught me many years ago about jerking around with mother nature.

Al Gore is of course doing his part to convince us that we are messing with her and soon we'll all have to move to the Rockies or our feet will stay wet. I wonder if Houston will take on the look of Venice, Italy? It might be fun going down Main St in a gondola with some red neck singing opera. See Al, there could be another way for you to make a buck. You just need to get the gondola franchise in Houston and other major metropolitan areas. Do I see another Nobel prize for Al...maybe in economics? Dang, I may be on to something here...gondolas in Houston. Of course, I think it will be four or five thousand years before the waves start lapping up on One Shell Plaza...if it ever happens.

Can you tell, I've had way to much free time on my hands today. I have more fun things to write when we're on the road.

Blessings to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment