Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What day is it anyway????

Or does it even matter? Of course to us it really doesn't because we are not on much of a schedule any more. Since leaving Ms Edith, we haven't needed to be any place at any particular time. I do miss those wonderful meals she prepared with love for us though.

We left the state park this morning and drove southwest to Louisville and then south to Nashville. We are now tucked in our site just off the lake and covered in trees. As we drove south today, we could see how the trees were showing their colors as brilliant as ever. The sumac and dogwoods are my favorite dark reds while the maples have that Halloween orange color. The Lord does such good work and as you know, we don't give Him much to work with.

We stopped and did some more antiquing today...didn't buy anything. But its always fun. I'm on a mission to find a lamp globe to go on my mothers "Gone with the Wind" lamp. I'll find it yet.

We are staying at a Corp of Engineers (COE) lake in Nashville for the next two nights. It is a beautiful place. Lots of trees and mostly lots of space. Ten bucks a night is hard to beat also. I have friends that love to go to the "resort" campgrounds with lots of concrete, a swimming pool and some kind of activity. I think thats great if thats what you like but for us it would be like living in an apartment. Except that the months they have special events, they would raise your rent. I understand its capitalism but its not my cup of tea (party).

When we drove into Nashville today, we passed the Titan's football stadium. They could have stayed in Houston, played in Rice stadium and saved themselves a lot of moving expense. Of course, thats just my opinion. Tomorrow we are going to Andrew "ole hickory" Jackson's house; not for dinner or anything, just for a look see. I want to go by the Grand Ole Opry just so I can say I did. And for my son Craig...I didn't go to one show in Branson so let me have this one little pleasure.

We're back to the central time zone and my body clock is a little on the fritz so I think I'll check it to you till maybe tomorrow.

Blessings to all of you....

No comments:

Post a Comment