Sunday, October 11, 2009

I'm really depressed...

We're in Tupelo, MS, Elvis' birthplace, having a great time and seeing some beautiful fall colors. At the rate we are moving down the Trace it may take 7 or 8 days to make it to Natchez, MS.

Now to the depressing facts of this trip. I just loaded some pictures and saw one of me and Judy sitting on a tree that had fallen across a glistening stream...I about died. I look obese. I mean really, its not the clothes, its not the angle, its not the way I'm sitting...I'm getting fat. Of course there is no logical reason other than I'm eating a big breakfast every day (biscuits, cream gravy, bacon, eggs), a nice lunch and then finishing the day off with a grand dinner. I don't get it. What could it possibly be? I'm walking a lot, really. Maybe thats just increasing my appetite. I seem to be hungry most of the time. Dang it...I do not want to get fat. Get? Heck, I'm fat all ready.

Okay, enough of the pity party. The great adventure is going great. We've continue to stay in some really good parks and met a lot of nice people. The leaves are unbelievable in color. Reds, yellows, purples but the Halloween oranges are the most brilliant. Oh yeah, we've seen maybe 30 - 40 turkeys along side the road. Of course we did see the one deer...dead in the ditch.

Since we're in Tupelo, we are going on a fact finding mission. The rumor around here is that Elvis really is still in the building. We'll see!

We'll continue south in the morning on our Great Adventure.

Blessings to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment