Saturday, October 3, 2009

Short, but oh how sweet...

We got to the state park in Crittenden, KY yesterday afternoon and after getting set up, we went over to Ms Edith's (Judy's Mother) for introductions and a great down home country meal complete with homemade bread, peach pie and cheese cake.

After a great visit, we went back to the park around 9 o'clock and I think we were the only site that didn't have campfire for the evening. It was in the low fifties, perfect weather!

We've had a great day today. We all went down to the "river" (Ohio) to buy apples...freshly picked. I actually watched them unload the wagons, wash them and package them for sale. They had every apple I've ever seen or heard of. Judy bought yellow delicious. When was the last time you bought a bushel of any kind of apples for ten dollars? My, my. They still had tomatoes on the vine and the basket we bought looked delicious.

We're going back to the campground to watch the Texas Aggies vs Arkansas tonight. Dang, I wish I'd gotten a campfire ready in the day lite. Oh well, we'll watch it inside without a fire or if we're lucky we'll get invited over to another site to sit by the fire.

Going to one of Judy's aunt's for a "Kentucky princess" barn party. That's what they call Judy. I haven't been to a Kentucky barn party before, but Judy assures me we'll be fed well. Who would have thunk it?

Well I thought it was going to be short and sweet!

Blessings to all....

PS. I've got to write a complete post on the horse farms we have seen, including Calumet Farms. The fencing alone has to cost millions, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment