Sunday, September 20, 2009

Here piggy, piggy...

Ain't trapped no hog yet. But its for dang sure the crows are getting fatter. I'm so bothered. I "run the trap" and get nothing but crows cawing for more corn and now the leaf cutter ants are carrying off the corn too. Ya'll probably don't have a clue what a leaf cutter ant is, do you? They will strip a plant of its leaves or needles overnight if you don't kill'em. Of course the tree hugger liberals had the only product known to kill the ants taken off the market a few years ago. Typical for the liberals...save the damn ants and lose the forest. I'm sure they think the ant will grow up and vote democrat.

Don't worry, I'll trap those suckers yet. The hogs that is. If I don't trap them before we leave for our great adventure, I'm going to dump enough corn in the trap that the crows will have to put an all points bulletin out for help to eat it. Of course I hope I trap some hogs while we're gone and they have to stay in the trap for several weeks without food or water. Cruel? You betcha, you should see what they did to my yard last year. They can wallow in that trap for days till the buzzards come calling for all I care. Can you tell I don't like hogs?

On a more positive note, the day was beautiful. Judy and I took a walk this morning and admired God's creation. And a hog wasn't one we admired. The pines have already dropped their first needles of the fall season and the persimmon tree is just waiting for the first frost to ripen its fruit. If you eat the fruit too early it will give you a bad pucker. We did see several fresh hog tracks as well as some good deer tracks. I was able to show Judy the difference in the tracks and she was soon pointing out to me, "here's a small deer track" or "man, that's a big hog". I think she's becoming a country girl quicker than I had expected.

We took Roxie for a Suzuki ride this afternoon and even though Roxie gave up and came home, Judy wanted to stay out so I boastfully showed her all the "hard" work I had done this week. You know, riding on the tractor doing all that manly stuff. I think she was impressed.

We start tomorrow getting ready to leave for our great adventure in earnest. Our clothes are pretty much "stored" in the motorhome and really only need to put the frozen and fresh foods in the refer/freezer. I will make sure the tires are at the correct inflation. I've already checked the oil in the genset and engine so all thats left is a good wash and we're set. We gave the inside a good cleaning last week. Please let me know if you think of something I've missed.

I pray you all had a restful weekend.

Blessings to all....

No comments:

Post a Comment