Tuesday, September 22, 2009

One day and two nights to go...

We're ready. I know there will be those last minute items to pack, but for the most part we're just waiting to go.

First stop will be Caddo Lake and check out Big Foot for our friends Dianne and Randy. They will be camp host there next summer. I promise to check for Big Foot...if Roxie is leading the way.

The cool front came through this morning and brought some nice rain and much cooler temps. It rained on and off most of the day but we did get a break long enough for us to take a nice long walk around the property. We didn't see any fresh hog tracks. Maybe, since I put the trap out they moved on. I can only hope. We walked past that big old persimmon tree and some of the fruit had fallen to the ground so I had to take a sample. It was ripe. Sweet and juicy. We walked through the pine plantation looking for rub's. That's a tree a buck deer is using to rub the velvet from his horns. We tromped around out there dodging the poison ivy and bull nettle and never did find a rub. That's okay though because it was enjoyable to be walking around in the woods.

Roxie is so much fun to watch when we're out walking. She is in continuous motion, and thats not slow motion, checking for scents. When she picks one up, whether it be a rabbit, squirrel, raccoon, deer, hog or worst, she starts yelping to let us know she's on a trail. We always hope she doesn't get too friendly with mister skunk. Yep, she has done that and I'm here to tell you, that's a bad, really bad situation.

I talked with Mike, my oldest son, today and told him I'd put air in the Suzuki tires yesterday. My goodness. Eight pounds and twelve pounds is all that was in each front tire. After inflating to thirty pounds, it sure drove easier. Now understand, this is the same Suzuki that Ashlyn, my nine year old...oh ten today granddaughter has been driving around the country place for a couple years. Bless her little heart and more her little biceps for having to man handle that little truck. It sure drives easier Ash, thanks to pops for airing up the tires. Now she can concentrate on getting to third gear...yes, its standard transmission and even though she can barely reach the pedals she has mastered the clutch.

Roxie is curled up on one couch, Smooch is plastered to my hip and who know where that scaredy cat Lovie is. All is well. God loves me and my family and He loves you too, I hope you know that.

I can see it now, a boring day tomorrow but boy just wait til Thursday morning and we are off on our third great adventure of the year.

Blessings to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment