Sunday, September 6, 2009

Rally...Day 2

The griddlers did a fine job of giddlling the pancakes this morning and the fruit was particularly good. However, when Rich volunteered he had helped make it by opening cans I was less impressed. It tasted better than canned fruit.


We spent the day visiting with others and watching as Steve and Richard replaced tires and repaired plumbing that was destroyed when the tire lost its tread. We may see Richard on TV soon. He bought those tires from Discount Tire about a year ago and he's not satisfied so I think he's going to take the tire back and throw it through the window. I'm trying to discourage him but he's pretty much made up his mind. Hopefully Mary can talk some sense into him.


We had the Chinese raffle and the silent auction after dinner...what fun till the brunt of the fun turned to me and Judy. For those of you not familiar with the process, you bid on "wrapped" items and then unwrap them in front of the crowd. As I recall, the first item I won was a nice three piece condiment service. That was nice. Then Judy got into the bidding action at the auction. She won, went to the front of the group unwrapped her gift...an EPT kit, oh my! She came back leaned over and told me, "I haven't had a hot flash like that in years". Well, needless to say, that prize set the theme for silliness and fun for the rest of the night. My next win was an insulated drink bag which Mike immediately decided must be a diaper bag. Things are really getting heated up now. Judy was scared to bid on anything now. Not me! I continued to bid till the Victoria's Secret Bag went on the auction block and I knew that would be a coveted prize. Yea for me! With the winning bid I excitedly tore into the bag to find a small box that contained a really nice ceramic wind chime...all I could think of and of course say,"oh look Judy, a mobile for the crib".


We just hope everyone enjoyed the evening as much as we did. Leaving the rally hall with all our loot, we quickly concluded that even though it was at our expense, it was a great night for all. We both had a headache from laughing so hard and so much.


My gosh, I almost forgot. The mexican fiesta pot luck dinner was better than fantastic and who ever made the cheesecake sopapillas has a real winner for a dessert. Its too bad we can't find a restaurant that have those kinds of dishes.
Blessings to all.....


Edit to this Blog...Guess what we found outside the motorhome this morning? Let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment