Friday, September 4, 2009

Life is sweet when the Boomers meet...

We are back in the motorhome after a great afternoon and evening visiting with friends and eating. We Texas Boomers are world renown for our culinary extravaganzas and our gift of gab.

We have several new members and they seem to be really nice people, well except for maybe Wayne but I guess he's just on a learning curve. Retired Marine, nuff said. I think he was a sergeant, or a major or maybe even a general or somebody of importance anyway. We're parked next to he and his gracious wife Earlene and when we first met me he asked if I would move my motorhome as he was expecting some nice people to show up...its been steadily down hill since. I'm of course joking, they seem to be a really nice couple and have been traveling now for some time.

I met two other newbie couples and knew one was okay right off the bat, he was wearing a nice new Kubota cap but the other man, God bless his soul, was wearing a tu cap. I told him right off that the only orange I liked was on my Kabota tractor. I'll be dipped though, he came back for dinner was and still wearing it. Newbies...what do you expect? I guess we all have learning curves to deal with.

Tomorrow is the pancake breakfast. Madame Boomer has organized this down to a tee. We have griddles and griddlers to griddle so all we will need will be girdles should we eat too much. Tomorrow evening is the mexican fiesta.

The day wasn't totally uneventful. Steve and Barb had a blowout on the inside dually and Richard and Mary had a blowout on their trailer. We all certainly hope this is not an omen of things to come.

The weather is great and we are looking forward to another great day tomorrow.

Blessings to all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment