Friday, September 18, 2009

Hog, hogs and more hogs...


It didn't occur to me until I almost drove over it...I have a hog trap.
I forgot my game camera was taking pictures the entire time I was working. I believe it took something like 16-18 pictures. You can see where they are rooting the ground under the feeder. I set it yesterday and so far the crows have eaten about five pounds of corn and no new hog tracks to be seen. It will take a few days for my scent to go away and then they'll be back. Dang things.
More steady rain showers this morning...thank you Lord.
This will be a busy next few days for us as we finalize our next Great Adventure. Judy and I have been cooking and freezing meals so it will be easier to prepare dinners when we're out and about. After a hard day of serious looking around, cooking dinner is not on top of the list. As a matter of fact, it didn't make the list but we do have to eat.
Just as a preview, we will leave the country house Thursday morning for two nights at Caddo Lake State Park. A truly unique and beautiful lake. http://www.caddo-lake.net/
We will leave Saturday morning and meet Bud and Jan (our Lubbock, TX) friends at Outdoor Resorts in northeast Arkansas for six days. Its one of those swanky kind of places...so Bud says.
From there its north to Springfield and the "home of the throwed rolls" restaurant. http://www.throwedrolls.com/
Then its St Louis, Louisville and up to Crittenden, KY for a visit with Judy's mom, Ms Edith and her new beau. John, the new beau, is taking us to dinner at some resturant he supplies (sells) his homemade wine. Ever Friday night is date night at this restaurant. Never double dated with a mother before...have I lost my mind?
We are then meeting Chuck and Maggie, some of our Texas Boomer friends in Nashville for a trek down the Natchez Trace. http://www.nps.gov/natr/index.htm
We should be home in 3-4 weeks...closer to four I'm sure.
So...does that wet your appetite to own an RV? Thought so. I get to sleep in my bed each night and not worry about who has been sleeping or worse in my bed.
Blessings to all.....


1 comment:

  1. I love that "throwed-roll" place!!! Have a roll and molasses for me! See you soon :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete