Tuesday, August 18, 2009

At home alone...

Yep! Judy had to go back to Conroe this morning to take care of her estate and yes I miss her not being here.

I worked outside trimming trees on the "road" into my house since they are starting to rub the sides of the motorhome coming and going. Roxie decided to wander off to the lake for a swim while I was hard at work and she came back all refreshed. I considered following her lead but then again who may be lurking in the woods...I had no swim suit you understand.

I put two more bird feeders on the arbor Judy and I put up yesterday and within a short time the birds found the food. Its amazing how much they eat and how they go about doing it. I love to watch the nuthatch grab a sunflower seed and make a beeline to the red oak to crack the shell. Its funny, he only wants to crack it hanging upside down. We've got a new group of birds that we can't identify but they sure are beautiful and their behaviour is so unique. I never realized that birds have such different behaviors. Some feed on the ground, some at a "regular" feeder, some at a platform. Some want to be high in the trees, some hiding in the dense foliage and some out in the open. I remember on our trip to Yellowstone all the red-wing blackbirds sitting on the fence post out in the open fields. the pheasants walking along the railroads in South Dakota. Driving down the dirt road by the country house and seeing indigo and painted buntings along the fence row was amazing.

Tomorrow brings another day of chores. I look so forward to each day that God gives me and try to make good use of it. I often hear people wishing time away and it makes me sad. "I wish Christmas would get here". That was my favorite when I was a child as I'm sure it was of many of you. I just pray that I awake in the morning to another blessed day that my God has given me. I'll close my sermon with this...My pledge to God when we bought the country place land was, "dear Lord, I promise to leave it better than when I got it". If each of us would make a similar promise, oh my, what a difference we could make.

Blessings to all....

No comments:

Post a Comment