Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Home in the country...

What a night!

I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and rested. The almost full moon was still up so it was nice to sit outside drinking coffee and pondering the sounds of the morning. I probably spend way too much time sitting on my porch enjoying what the good Lord has given me but then again why have it if you don't enjoy it. You see, my house is in the middle of 130 + acres and the view from the back porch is like this...10 acres of a 5 year old pine plantation, an eight acre coastal Bermuda hay meadow, rolling hills for several miles with dense woods on both sides. Sounds horrible to you city slickers, but we love it. Back to this morning. I went back for more coffee and checked the clock, it was 1:29...yea gads, what have I done? Finished the coffee, went back to bed, read till 3 and got up again at 6:45, now thats better.

I'm on my next pot of coffee and now the sun is up of course. That full moon will fool you if you let it. No uninvited house guest last night. Maybe getting caught and bloodying its nose getting out of the trap scared the critter away or its just laying up nursing its wounds. I just hope its not summoning reinforcements; that would not be good.

Curious thing this morning. I watched as two hummingbirds spared over the feeder territory and while they were busy tormenting each other a red wasp came to drink. Each time a hummer would come back to the feeder the wasp would chase it off. This continued till the wasp got its fill and now nobody is interested. Why is it, even in the animal world you only want what someone else has.

I've got a couple "chores" to do and then Roxie and I will drive back down to Conroe for a few days. I miss being in the country but I also miss being with Judy. One of these days all of this will sort itself out.

Blessings to all.....

1 comment:

  1. Jim,
    I just found your blog this morning and will start folling it. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete