Monday, August 17, 2009

My O My...

Judy and I came back to the country after church yesterday. I use came because we're still here. Have I told you my education was mechanical engineering and high school was girls? So just be easy on my sentence structure and the use of me and I and ending sentences with dangling participles.

It was fun watching the NASCAR race yesterday but actually the race Saturday was more fun because cry baby Kyle Busch lost and as usual blamed everyone except me. I was partially to blame because I've rooted against him since forever.

Now about today. We did odd chores around the country place and even took Ms Roxie for a Suzuki ride after the rain this afternoon. But first things first. We get up early, you know thats what "country folks" do, to enjoy the world coming alive while sipping fresh brewed coffee on the porch. The birds are so awesome in the morning. It appears the hummingbirds are the early risers, then the titmouse and the ever present cardinals. This morning brought the indigo buntings and today the yellow billed cuckoo as well as the summer tanager. I remember when I thought they were all just "sparrows".

I have to start a new paragraph for this evenings experience. We're watching the news and Judy announced, "its pouring rain". We need rain so we immediately removed ourselves from the TV news to the porch...we seem to spend a lot of time on that porch don't we? Now for the story. There was a rainbow. No, not just any rainbow. It was our rainbow. You see, it started or ended next to the red oak tree and arched maybe thirty feet high and ended/started in front of the tractor. Not another living human saw that rainbow but us. Now wait. It disappeared after maybe five minutes and then all of a sudden it reappears even brighter. When we saw the rainbow, almost at the same time, we instantly gave God thanks for it and its beauty. If anyone reads this and is not a believer in God's power and grandeur I'm so sorry because you don't have a clue as to what your missing out on. I know there are scientific theories for rainbows, but this was our rainbow. Have any of you ever had a rainbow start and stop within seventy five feet of your eyes? We have!

In Genesis, God says, I do set the bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that bow shall be seen in the cloud... Genesis 9: 13-14.

Soon after the rain ended, the birds came to the feeders, the hummingbird did battle with the red wasp and the two doe and one fawn came for a look see. Of course Roxie being the diligent guard dog she is, soon saw the deer and again the chase was on. The last time we saw the more mature doe was bounding across the hay meadow in haste. Haste defined...bolting at least six feet in the air and clearing maybe fifteen to twenty feet in distance. Roxie never made it far from the porch. You know that dog is a lot smarter than we give her credit for.

We had a very blessed day and the rainbow was awesome. I pray you each get to see a rainbow start and stop in your yard.

Blessings....

No comments:

Post a Comment