Friday, August 14, 2009

Back to city living...

We left the country earlier today for Conroe.

I brought Smooch the cat inside before leaving this morning and she was not a happy kitty. Even though she has no front claws she is truly an outdoors cat. When we built the house in the country we considered putting in a dogie/cat door but Smooch was such an avid hunter we were concerned what she would drag in while the door was open. Her largest catch was a squirrel some years ago. She's aging and doesn't hunt like she use too accept when an unfortunate birds flies into one of the porch windows, then shes johnny on the spot. She's more into lounging now than hunting. I'll miss her when she's no longer in my life.

Our next great adventure to the southeast has been delayed some. Our friends that were going to tag along had to cancel so now we're deciding when we want to leave. Originally Judy and I wanted to leave late September but our friends needed to be back by mid October and thats the reason we were leaving after the Texas Boomers labor day rally. Now we're back to thinking leaving later in September. That will be better for catching some fall colors in the Smokies anyway.

I'm sitting with my feet up and my laptop in my lap watching the "news". I loved the report on Jackson-Lee's physician friend at the town hall meeting last night. Come to find out, she's not a physician at all, she's an Obamanation grass roots organizer in Texas. I guess its okay to impersonate a physician as long as you don't grab a scalpel or write a Rx. Go figure.

I did get to participate in Kevin Brady and John Cornyn tele town hall meetings this week. It was interesting and I did not hear one person that was for Obamantions health plan. And for the record, I was not recruited, invited and certainly wasn't compensated for participating in these meetings. I don't know how you get invited and I certainly don't know how you get compensated.

There won't be a Suzuki ride for Roxie today, maybe a walk around Judy's "estate" after it cools down some instead

Blessings to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment