Thursday, August 13, 2009

A down day in the country...

We've worked hard this week on my house and it was time for a day of rest.

You ain't going to believe this...I took Judy to the little country cemetery where my parents, a sister, grand parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc are buried. I had not been there in almost a year and I was glad to see that the cemetery remains well cared for. It was a great time to recall those childhood memories and to have someone to share those with. I took her by my aunt and uncles home place where we spent oh so many Sunday afternoons. After church we would either be at their house or they would be at ours for those magnificent Sunday meals. Oh my, the memories. I do miss the family unity we had back then but now we're just to busy I suppose. An interesting family unity we had, you see, my mother and dad and my aunt and uncle were brothers and sisters. Let me see if I can explain. My dad's sister married my mothers brother and my mother married her brothers wife's brother. Read that multiple times very slowly and you may or may not get. Its as close to in breeding as you can get without actually doing it.

We also visited the Lindale Candy Co thats been in business since 1946. Judy bought black licorice and I tasted jalapeno peanut brittle but decided on just plan ole peanut brittle. I found out on our last great adventure that Judy is a closet licorice addict. How funny.

Got back home to the country and will take Roxie for another Suzuki ride a little later...she's currently on the couch lieing on her back with her legs up in the air. Silly dog.

Blessings to all....

No comments:

Post a Comment