Thursday, August 20, 2009

I need to tell you bout my drawers...

Did that get your attention?

Now I know you all have those drawers somewhere in your house that collects "stuff". Mine are in the kitchen, bottom two drawers next to the pantry. Judy's are in her laundry room. I once opened one and oh my it was interesting. I don't have any idea how many "drawers" she has but I think she may have more than my two. A little secret she shared with me is she use to do "projects" that required special tools, un huh (Sp). Now I've heard it all...well almost all. Not only does she have her utility room but she has her well house (its the size of a two car garage), her two and half car garage and of course her guest house. Its not fair, she has more places to have junk drawers than I. Do you think she will read this and come clean? Its not a deal breaker! Point is, I cleaned out my drawers and now I feel better. I still can't find my PVC cutter but the hunt is not over.

It really bothered me this morning that Judy was not here...for many reasons, but I heard a bird that I've never heard and I could not find. I'm walking around in my "night clothes" looking for this loud mouth with only a huge pair of binoculars and can't locate it anywhere. Its over here, no its over there, no its...dang it, I don't know where it is but I did see another bird sitting all alone in the top of the hickory tree. Now what is it? Don't know. Blue gray with a long beak and very distinct white wing bars. It was siting there "grooming", oh she'll get me for that, for so long I finally walked away. I bet if she had been her she would have identified it quickly.

I took some photos of the living areas of my home but decided it is a secret I want to keep for a while. To tell you how much I love this place, I have not left the property since Monday and it really bothered me when I had to leave today. Well heck, I do have to eat and the provisions were beginning to get low. Peanut butter and crackers can just go so far.

I hope some of you enjoy and even get a chuckle from this blog. I sent one of my sons the link and he responded something to the effect, "what, a country bumpkin is blogging, will I be able to put it down". You'll have to understand, he is the one we found under a cardboard box along I 10 many years ago. Or at least thats what we've always told him. That's okay...I still love him even when he insults me cause I know he really loves me...I think.

I pray everyone had wonderful day.

Blessings to all....

1 comment:

  1. And you thought someone would be interested in your "drawers"? Glad it turned out to be about organizing - I was getting worried.

    ReplyDelete