Saturday, August 1, 2009

Its Rally time at the lake

Enjoyed pot luck breakfast with all our friends this morning on the deck overlooking Lake Livingston. Of course I ate way too much and Judy picked like a bird. Oh thats not right...birds eat their weight each day and she wouldn't ever do that, I don't think.

Bright sun today and the heat came back along with the good ole gulf coast humidity. Judy still comments, "its only 50 degrees in Hill City". We sure fell in love with that area and are planning on several months there next summer.

After breakfast we drove down to Judy's house to check for a package her mother was sending...didn't come. And you want the feds to manage your health care? Heck, they can't get a package delivered on time. But of course, comrade Obamanation hasn't gotten the postal service straightened out yet. Sounds like another ACORN project. I'm not going to start except to say I've started reading HR3200 and it makes me sick. Oh my gosh, if it makes me sick they don't care because my productive years are so few that I can die and the country will be better off. That's how comrade Obamanation and his henchmen see it. I suppose it would help in creating the "superior" race.

Back to the rally. Judy made her mom's world famous mac and cheese for the pot luck dinner tonight. Yum yum. She and I had watermelon from Grapeland today for lunch. It was one we bought there a few days ago and I've never been a big melon fan but this thing was great. I had forgotten the ones straight from the fields are so much better. It was even red...just like we both remembered them being when we were kids. It was goooooood.

We are both planning for another great evening with friends.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment