Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I'm as tired as....

Well Ms Judy showed up right on time and didn't bring her white glove....whew! God bless her, she brought lunch which was great since my stomach thought my throat had been cut. After lunch she finished making a lemon pie. She made the "home made" crust earlier and just had to make the filling. Soon we were hard at work moving furniture from one room to another including some pretty good size book cases. For a little woman, she's got good muscle power and she won't stop and take a break...dang it. Oh yeah, the pie was great but the crust may have been the best.

Roxie didn't understand why we weren't stopping to take her for a Suzuki ride. You see, thats been kinda a tradition for years for us to go ride around the ranch each afternoon just for the enjoyment of being outdoors. Roxie often will go for a swim in the lake or in one of the spring fed creeks and will always find something to chase... a rabbit, squirrel or deer. Speaking of deer, we had a yearling in the yard yesterday afternoon and then this morning there were 4 does and one fawn. How fun to watch till Roxie noticed they were intruding in "her" hay meadow and the chase was on, yippie. She lost but at lest they know its her meadow.

Have another story of country living. On occasion we have a problem with scorpions and yesterday was such an occasion. I moved my computer bag and I'll be dang if one wasn't getting ready to visit my bag. Its dead now. I woke up about 12:30 with a bite on my leg, rolled over and went back to sleep and a few minutes later another bite and this time on my stomach. Now its time to get serious. I took a swipe in the dark, another bite on my stomach and another on my hand. Its time to turn on the light. And there that sucker was, bigger than Dallas, on my sheet. Its dead now too. Meat tenderizer time. It take the sting away quickly but the whelps remain. Back to sleep was a little dicey so to say.

Roxie's getting restless so guess we'll go for that suzuki ride today.

Blessings.....

No comments:

Post a Comment