Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We've been busy (?)

Work, work and more work. You gotta love living in the country but then again we hope you don't because the traffic is getting bad on our farm to market road.

Just yesterday morning, I was telling Judy how little traffic we had when we first bought this place...nine years ago. If you've been reading this from the get go, you know my house is in the middle of acreage thats maybe three fourths of a mile from the highway with a nice mature pine plantation to block the traffic sounds. And dad gum it, I have a neighbor that drives a Dodge diesel pick up truck that he just loves to wind up leaving for work each morning. It disturbs my porch sitting some mornings. Oh the trials and tribulations of living in the country.

We heard the coyotes howling the other afternoon, probably because they heard him coming home. I had not heard them in quite sometime and its always fun to listen to them. The amazing thing about them is the way they communicate with each other. They will yelp and howl ferociously for several minutes and then all of a sudden they will all stop and I mean stop instantly. Occasionally there will be one lone yelp and you know its a young pup that just doesn't know any better. I bet his momma whoops up on him for doing that; don't you think?

I cleaned out the feeders for the deer last weekend and with Judy's help filled them with corn Monday. It was much easier to fill them with her raising me up in the front end loader of the tractor than me doing a balancing act on top of the Suzuki. We checked one of the feeders yesterday afternoon and there wasn't any corn on the ground so "something" has been for a meal. I always pray its not those feral hogs that are so plentiful here. I've got to put my game camera up to record the coming and goings from the feeders. It could be a raccoon or it could be that really nice buck that we saw several times last year...even after deer season was over. Oh he is magnificent. My friend Don and I only saw him twice last year but we still talk about him.

We gave the motorhome a good cleaning yesterday on the inside. Its like cleaning a house, just less floor to clean. I'll wait an wash it next week before we leave for the Boomer rally.

We're getting excited about our next adventure this fall. We've been checking some of the temperature's of places we plan on visiting and it has already been in the 50's at night. Dang this global warming. I'm just glad its happening (global warming) or it might be in the 40's already. Poor Al. I guess he didn't make enough money from inventing the Internet so he had to come up with some other ruse.

The suns coming up so I'm moving to the porch to wait for the wildlife to awaken.

Blessings to all......

Edit to this post. I must have scared the hog away before day lite this morning. We went out on the porch at sunup and had not sat down good when Roxie started growling. Judy was the first to see what she thought was a deer but no it was a blasted hog heading towards the feeder. Roxie took off and I yelled at her to come, which she did, and the hog ran back into the woods. I went out and could see tracks where it had been earlier today. Dang things. And by the way, the dang armadillo is back. I'm moving to the city! Oh wait, I can't do that cause then I risk getting shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment